Frequently Asked Questions
Refer to the event page for additional information.
What's Included with my registration?
- The Ultimate Towner Choose Your Adventure Team and Community Building Experience! PRICELESS!
- A $10 automatic direct cash donation to our event beneficiary, Teton County Search and Rescue Foundation, from your entry fee which is then matched via Old Bills and the JH Community Foundation. We DO encourage additional direct donations upon registering of $10 per person.
- An Event Sticker (while supplies last for most attendees who register three weeks prior to the event.)
- Event prizes from sponsors! Check out the website for sponsor prize updates
Is the Towner a benefit for a local Non-Profit?
The 2022 Towner is a benefit for Teton County Search and Rescue. We are requesting participants to donate $10 per person during the registration process which will go directly to the Teton County Search and Rescue Foundation. Click here for more information about TCSAR and past beneficiaries.
How do we know where to go?
Your team will receive preliminary course information before (about a week) the event to strategize your approach. Your team will download a smartphone event app that will have location checkpoints and on the go challenges (done anywhere) integrated into the Towner course. This app will have all the checkpoints and challenges and integrated gpd navigation.
Do I need a smartphone to participate?
Yes, someone on your team will need a smartphone (Iphone recommended). You will download the event app and submit all checkpoint challenges from one team log-in and password per team. Multiple people can download the event app to view challenges and help navigate the course, however, one designated person will submit challenges for your team.
How do you win?
Win points by completing as many checkpoints challenges as possible over a two hour period. Different types of challenges will have different point values as well as prizes associated with them.
How many people are on a team?
We recommend two to six participants per team. Teams stay together during the event completing checkpoints as one team.
When will we see the final course layout?
Final course updates will be released the week prior to the event to those registered. This will allow your team to strategize on the navigation of your course checkpoints.
Is there an age limit to enter the event?
This is an ALL AGES EVENT, and Children 12 and under must register and be accompanied by a registered, paying adult.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Please, no dogs (other than service animals) on the course.
Can I Ride Bikes?
Bicycles, skateboards and non-motorized vehicles are allowed. Be sure to follow all the Rules of the Road!
Will we still have the opening Ultimate Elevation?
YES – we will begin the Towner with the Ultimate Elevation warm up and YOU are invited to be a part of the dance team with a select crew on the Boulders.
Will there still be traditional Towner Obstacles?
This year’s Towner will feature new challenges that focus on teamwork and collaboration … which challenges you choose to complete will be your choice!
Do teams need to stay together?
YES – this is one of the only “rules” of the game. Each team will submit their challenges under one team name. If you want to do the course with someone else, form a new team.
Will Tuffy the Elephant still be the Towner Mascot?
YES. And Tuffy will be on the course, actively providing one of the challenges for you!
Catch him if you can!
Catch him if you can!
When will we know the final Towner course checkpoints and challenges?
You will be provided with an overview of the location checkpoints prior to the event. SOME of the checkpoint challenges will be revealed in advance, others will remain a mystery to be solved during the 2 hour event!
How can my business be a part of the Towner 2022?
Your business can sponsor the Towner with a variety of levels. Click here for more information
What is the approximate event timeline?
- 12:00 PM Day-of Registration Open at Phil Baux Park with Event Music
- 12:30 PM Team warm-ups & start GETTING PSYCHED!
- 1:00 PM Official Opening Ceremonies with course briefing for the NEW Choose Your Adventure format, including a course safety briefing and important information about your Ultimate Experience.
- 1:20 PM All Participant ULTIMATE ELEVATION Warm-Up
- 1:30 PM Game On! All Towners Begin on Course
- 3:30 PM Arrive at the Finish Line (Snow King Hotel) for food, beverage, networking and closing ceremonies
- 4:30 PM Prizes, awards and amazing event video!
- 5:00 PM Departures and course breakdown volunteer support (6-8 pm)
Is my ticket refundable?
All tickets are non-refundable, this is a fundraising event. You can transfer your ticket to another person by calling Eventbrite Registration.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions about the registration process please call Eventbrite Customer Service number at +1 877-297-6805 which is available 24 hours a day.
Event-specific questions, sponsorship, volunteering or how to be more involved contact Grand Dynamics at firstname.lastname@example.org.